Valdespin Grand Slam in 10th Inning Lifts MLB Mets Over DodgersNancy Kercheval
Jordany Valdespin hit a 10th-inning grand slam off the Los Angeles Dodgers’ Josh Wall to lift the New York Mets to a 7-3 Major League Baseball win.
The New York Yankees (11-9) fell 3-0 at the Tampa Bay Rays (10-11) on Ben Zobrist’s two-run double and Sean Rodriguez’s solo home run at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida.
At Citi Field in New York, David Wright tied the game 3-3 with a run-scoring single with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. Wright then was caught trying to steal second, sending the game into extra innings.
Mets starter Matt Harvey, who came into the game 4-0, allowed three runs on four hits and struck out seven in six innings and did not get a decision. Bobby Parnell (1-0) got the win, walking one and striking out a batter in the 10th inning for New York (10-9).
Matt Kemp hit a two-run homer and knocked in all three runs for the Dodgers (9-11).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones