Merkel Rejects Joint EU Deposit Insurance for Foreseeable FuturePatrick Donahue
Germany backs joint European bank supervision “completely,” chancellor says. *Germany rejects central deposit insurance “for the foreseeable future,” backs coordinating insurance among euro countries: Merkel *Need mechanisms to ensure “deposit insurance is harmonized and that a resolution mechanism is at least operating in euro countries,” Merkel says *Basel III rules must be implemented beyond Europe: Merkel *Merkel comments in speech to savings bank officials in Dresden
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Charles Manson, Imprisoned Mass-Murdering Cult Leader, Dies
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Euro Drops on German Impasse, China Stocks Rebound: Markets Wrap