Google Routs AVG in Toolbar Scam CrackdownJeff John Roberts
A cryptic blog post from Google last week took aim at “bad apples” among its advertising partners and demanded pre-approval for certain software offerings that want to use Google advertising services. It was hard at first to discern the target of the mysterious message, but now it’s pretty clear that Google fired a shot across the bow of security site AVG and others that might be tempted to trick people into installing unwanted products.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock