From Bloggers' Wrath to Foodies' Delight: Saffron RoadBy
If you’ve heard of the halal food brand Saffron Road, it’s probably because you’ve seen it on the shelves of your local Whole Foods, or because you remember a controversy from 2011. That summer, Whole Foods ran a small campaign that promoted Saffron Road as Ramadan approached, prompting a handful of bloggers to complain that the national chain shouldn’t be promoting a Muslim holiday. Whole Foods stood by Saffron Road, and its founder Adnan Durrani went on CNN to decry anti-Muslim sentiment, resulting in some welcome exposure for his brand.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt