Amazon Adds a Piece to Its Growing E-book EmpireBy
Over the past few years, authors and publishers have had a new way to connect with their most voracious readers: Goodreads, a San Francisco-based social network for book lovers. Goodreads, which has more than 16 million members, is a digital manifestation of—and perhaps a gradual replacement for—the chatty independent bookstore clerk. Members in its 20,000 online book clubs can popularize new books, make the careers of authors, and generally share their exuberance for the pastime of reading.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing