Banks Are Now on the Hook for Race-Based Car LoansBy
Auto lenders, you’re up next. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau put banks on warning Thursday that they could be liable for discriminatory car loans, even if they didn’t directly sell the loans to consumers. The bureau is concerned about research that has found that black and Latino borrowers may pay higher interest rates than white borrowers, even if they pose a similar credit risk.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries