Mitsubishi to Arrange Financing for Cape Wind, Developer SaysAndrew Herndon
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, a unit of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc., will provide a “significant amount” of the debt financing needed to build Cape Wind Associates LLC’s 468-megawatt wind farm off the coast of Massachusetts.
The developer signed a term sheet to engage the bank, Boston-based Cape Wind said today in a statement. Construction is expected to begin in Nantucket Sound by the end of this year.
Barclays Plc is advising Cape Wind on raising the remaining financing. The project may cost about $2.6 billion and has power-purchase agreements with utilities Nstar and National Grid Plc to buy about 78 percent of its output, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- Stocks Tumble in Biggest Weekly Decline Since 2016: Markets Wrap
- Musk Takes Down the Tesla and SpaceX Facebook Pages
- A Horror Week for the Dow Has Investors Begging for Trump Respite
- World's Biggest Cryptocurrency Exchange Is Heading to Malta