Ex-UBS De Ville Joins Cantor’s Asset-Backed Bond Unit in LondonEsteban Duarte
Martin De Ville, formerly a trader of securitized assets at UBS AG, has joined Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. in London as managing director of its European debt capital business.
De Ville will focus on U.K. prime residential mortgage-backed securities and European consumer and sterling fixed-rate asset-backed securities, Sheryl Lee, a spokeswoman for Cantor Fitzgerald in New York, said in an e-mail.
The New York-based securities brokerage firm hired De Ville as soaring demand for core European securitized debt drives down yields. Investors demand a premium of 62 basis points to hold senior bonds backed by U.K. prime home loans over government debt, the tightest spread in more than five years, according to data from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Asset-backed securities pool home and consumer loans that can be sold to investors as notes.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- China Hits Back on Trump Tariffs as Europe Off the Hook for Now
- Bitcoin Falls on Fears of Regulatory Trouble for Big Crypto Exchange