Merkel Rides Pro-Growth Bandwagon as EU Loosens Budget ShacklesJames G. Neuger and Fred Pals
European leaders are loosening the shackles on national budgets as the euro-area recession deepens and unemployment climbs, with pro-growth calls coming even from German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the leader most closely associated with austerity.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States