Barrick Says Gold Shipment Detained in Dominican RepublicLiezel Hill
Barrick Gold Corp., the largest producer of the metal, said a gold shipment was detained by customs authorities in the Dominican Republic.
“The company has provided customs with additional information and is seeking confirmation that the shipment can resume, while further investigating the cause of the delay,” Toronto-based Barrick said today in an e-mail.
Dominican Republic President Danilo Medina said Feb. 27 that the country’s contract for the development of a gold mine by Barrick and Canada’s Goldcorp Inc. was unacceptable and needs to be revised to produce more benefit to the country.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- Under Fire and Losing Trust, Facebook Plays the Victim
- Bitcoin Falls on Fears of Regulatory Trouble for Big Crypto Exchange