U.S. Stocks Advance, Led by Banks, While Treasuries DropGrant Smith and Sarah Pringle
U.S. equities rose, recovering early losses, as financial shares led gains that sent the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index within nine points of its record. Stocks dropped in Europe and China as Fitch Ratings cut Italy’s debt and China’s industrial output weakened. Treasuries fell.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing