David Beckham, Ambassador for Chinese SoccerChristina Larson
Dennis Rodman isn’t the only sports star turning up in odd places and offering endorsements. David Beckham, the 37-year-old English soccer star, has just signed on to become an ambassador for Chinese soccer (called football outside the U.S.). His role will include attending matches in China and lending his star power to help make the game popular among Chinese youth, the BBC reports. “I’m excited by the prospect of promoting the world’s greatest game to Chinese sports fans as I’ve seen firsthand the growing interest in football there,” Beckham said in a statement.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas