If You Can Ace 'Guitar Hero,' You Can Remove a PancreasBy
“Play to Become a Surgeon.” It has the ring of late-night advertising (Make millions working from home! Lose weight and increase your IQ by eating only fudge!). However, it’s actually the title of a scientific paper published Wednesday in the online journal PLOS One. Researchers at La Sapienza University of Rome in Italy had medical residents play video games on the Nintendo Wii for an hour a day for four weeks and found that doing so actually made them more adept at performing laparoscopic surgery.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts