The Slum Dwelling of European ElitesBy
“I don’t think the economy looks like it did in 1929. The most violent and urgent of factors in the great crash was the collapse of the banking system. That can’t happen anymore because of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation” and other safeguards. He explained that deposit insurance and limits on leverage meant “you won’t get the pyramiding effect” that cracked the financial system in 1929.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas