Kemira Finance Chief Quits to Take Similar Role at Neste OilAndrew Noel
Kemira Oyj, Europe’s largest supplier of water-treatment chemicals, said Jyrki Maeki-Kala has stepped down as finance chief to take on a similar role at Neste Oil Oyj.
Chief Executive Officer Wolfgang Buechele will take over Maeki-Kala’s position on a temporary basis until a successor is found, spokeswoman Leena Lie said. A recruitment process is under way, extending to both external and internal candidates.
Maeki-Kala is ending a seven-year spell at Kemira that’s seen the Helsinki-based company transform from a diversified chemical supplier to a niche supplier of treatments for industrial waste water and municipal drinking supplies. He officially steps down on May 5.
A successor will be hired “as soon as possible,” Lie said by phone.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Victim Stepped Suddenly in Front of Self-Driving Car
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- How Facebook Made Its Cambridge Analytica Data Crisis Even Worse
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader