Ninety-Pound Sheepdog, Affenpinscher in Westminster FinalPhilip Boroff
The succession race riveting dogdom stars a stately American Foxhound, a peripatetic Affenpinscher, a docile Bichon Frise and a 90 pound (40 kilogram) Old English Sheepdog.
Tonight they face winners of the sporting, working and terrier groups in the Westminster Kennel Club dog show at New York’s Madison Square Garden. A Pekingese named Malachy was 2012’s best in show.
“It’s like the Olympic Games of the dogs,” said Manos Tsagarakis, of Ashland, Massachusetts, after his teenage daughter, Artemis, showed her 15-inch (38 centimeters) beagle to a fourth place finish in the breed yesterday.
The top specimens of the hound, toy, non-sporting and herding groups were decided last night. The best in show is named just before 11 p.m. Eastern time.
Muse highlights include Mark Beech on music and James Russell on architecture.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- Stocks Tumble in Biggest Weekly Decline Since 2016: Markets Wrap
- Musk Takes Down the Tesla and SpaceX Facebook Pages
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- World's Biggest Cryptocurrency Exchange Is Heading to Malta