EDF Agrees to Buy French Wind Power Unit From Sechilienne-SidecSally Bakewell
Sechilienne-Sidec agreed to sell its wind-power business including six French farms to EDF Energies Nouvelles SA for 59 million euros ($79 million).
EDF Energies, a unit of Electricite de France SA, agreed to pay a further sum for five plants being developed, Courbevoie-based Sechilienne said today in a statement. The current farms have total capacity of 56.5 megawatts. EDF said in a separate statement it agreed the deal to boost French wind operations.
Sechilienne will use the proceeds to focus on generating power from biomass and solar in France and abroad, it said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- Bitcoin Falls on Fears of Regulatory Trouble for Big Crypto Exchange
- Under Fire and Losing Trust, Facebook Plays the Victim