UMC Sees Surprise Operating Loss After Falling Behind in ChipsTim Culpan
United Microelectronics Corp., the world’s second-largest contract maker of chips, unexpectedly predicted a first-quarter operating loss of about NT$1 billion ($34 million) after failing to keep pace in mobile-phone chips.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline