U.K. Regulator Seeks Comments on Avis Deal to Purchase ZipcarErik Larson
Britain’s antitrust regulator is seeking public comment on Avis Budget Group Inc.’s takeover offer for Zipcar Inc. to determine whether the proposed deal could lessen competition in the U.K. market.
The Office of Fair Trading will accept comments until Feb. 11 on the $491 million offer, the watchdog said today in a statement. Avis Budget’s Jan. 2 bid amounts to $12.25 a share, a 49 percent premium on the Cambridge, Massachusetts-based company’s Dec. 31 closing price.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Hong Kong's Richest Woman Loses Half Her Wealth on Stock Plunge
- Facebook Plunges as Pressure Mounts on Zuckerberg Over Data