Hanwha Invests $30 Million in OneRoof’s Solar Financing BusinessAndrew Herndon
Hanwha Group, a closely held South Korean industrial conglomerate, invested $30 million in OneRoof Energy Inc. to enable the company to finance residential solar power systems in new markets.
OneRoof installs and owns rooftop solar panels that are leased to homeowners at little to no upfront cost, and customers on average save 5 percent to 25 percent a month on their electricity bill, the San Diego-based company said today in a statement.
Hanwha, which owns solar-panel manufacturer Hanwha SolarOne Co., bought an $8 million stake in OneRoof in 2011. OneRoof works with more than 100 U.S. installers and is expanding into Hawaii, Arizona and Colorado, according to the statement.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Uber Halts Autonomous-Car Testing After Fatal Arizona Crash
- Hong Kong's Richest Woman Loses Half Her Wealth on Stock Plunge