Chelsea’s Ashley Cole Set to Sign New Contract, Sky ReportsPeter-Joseph Hegarty
England defender Ashley Cole will sign a new contract with Chelsea in the coming days, Sky Sports reported, citing interim manager Rafael Benitez.
Cole, whose current deal runs out at the end of this season, had been linked with possible moves to Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.
“I am really pleased, the paperwork has to be done but the agreement is there,” Sky cited Benitez as saying after today’s 2-1 win over Arsenal.
Frank Lampard is also out of contract at the end of this campaign and looks likely to leave Chelsea, Sky added.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Halts Autonomous Car Tests After Fatal Crash in Arizona
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Facebook Plunges as Pressure Mounts on Zuckerberg Over Data