NBA’s Phoenix Suns Fire Coach Alvin Gentry With 13-28 RecordMichael Buteau
The Phoenix Suns fired coach Alvin Gentry with the National Basketball Association team in last place in the Western Conference.
Phoenix has lost seven of its past eight games and is 13-28 this season, Gentry’s fifth with the team. An interim coach will be named in the next 24-48 hours, the team said in a statement.
During his time with the Suns, Gentry’s teams had a 158-144 record. The Suns lost in the 2010 Western Conference finals in their only playoff appearance under Gentry.
The team offered fans a money-back guarantee for its Dec. 6 game against the Dallas Mavericks. After the Suns’ 97-94 loss, the Suns received 365 refund demands, about 2 percent of that night’s 17,517 attendance.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Halts Autonomous Car Tests After Fatal Crash in Arizona
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- From a $126 Million Bonus to Jail: The Fall of a Star Trader
- Facebook Plunges as Pressure Mounts on Zuckerberg Over Data