Monster Waves in Oahu Give Surfers Record-Breaking RidesJames M. Clash
On Jan. 28 1998, when mammoth swells closed Oahu’s North Shore beaches, Ken Bradshaw defiantly took his WaveRunner a few miles offshore to a reef where the biggest waves were breaking. IMAX was filming “Extreme” via helicopter, and he wanted to be in it.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing