GDF Suez Group Wins Contract for Az Zour Kuwait Water ProjectNidaa Bakhsh
A GDF Suez-led group, including Sumitomo Corp. and Abdullah Hamad Al Sagar & Brothers, won a contract to build the Az Zour North Independent Water & Power Project in Kuwait.
The contract is for the construction and operation of a 1,500-megawatt gas-fired combined cycle power plant and an associated water desalination facility with a capacity of 102 to 107 million imperial gallons a day, GDF Suez said today in an e-mailed statement. The plant is expected to start commercial operations in 2015, it said.
The facility will account for about 12 percent of Kuwait’s installed power-generation capacity and about 23 percent of its desalination capacity, according to the statement. All of the plant’s output will be bought by the country’s Ministry of Electricity & Water under a 40-year contract, it said. No price was given.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- China Warns It May Retaliate If U.S. Imposes Metal Tariffs
- Box-Office Smash ‘Black Panther’ May Be Game Changer for Artists
- All 65 Aboard Plane Feared Dead in Crash in Southern Iran
- Apple’s New Spaceship Campus Has One Flaw – and It Hurts
- India State Banks Reveal Exposure in Billion-Dollar Fraud Case