Fiscal Cliff Deal: A Mixed Bag for Business OwnersBy
Congress pulled off a narrow escape for the U.S. economy this week, averting a fall off the so-called fiscal cliff. The New Year’s Day deal includes bad news and good news for entrepreneurs: Despite its billing as a tax hike on the wealthy, the deal actually raises taxes on 77 percent of U.S. households, thanks to the expiration of a payroll “tax holiday” passed in 2011.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap