McMoRan's Ultra-Deep Well Is Stuck in the Mud
Jim Bob Moffett’s billion-dollar bet on an ultra-deep natural gas well in the Gulf of Mexico is looking shakier by the day. The chief executive officer of McMoRan Exploration announced on Nov. 26 that a test to determine the productive capacity of the Davy Jones No. 1 well, where drilling began in June 2009, had proved inconclusive.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap