GE Said to Have Weighed Hudson City Bank TakeoverZachary R. Mider and Tim Catts
General Electric Co. held takeover talks with New Jersey’s Hudson City Bancorp Inc. shortly before the lender agreed to a $3.7 billion sale to M&T Bank Corp. in August, said three people with knowledge of the matter.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Dollar Slips as Shutdown Drags On; Stocks Mixed: Markets Wrap