Gold Fields Fires 8,500 Miners as Employers Seek Pay DealPaul Burkhardt
Gold Fields Ltd. fired 8,500 workers at a South African mine operated by the fourth-biggest producer of the metal after they failed to heed an ultimatum to abandon a strike, and employers and unions sought to reach a deal on pay.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations