Lance Armstrong Gets the Paterno Treatment at Nike HQBy
Following Nike’s abrupt reversal on sticking by disgraced brand ambassador Lance Armstrong, as well as Armstrong’s own resignation today as chairman of the charity he founded, author Daniel Coyle took to Twitter to solicit suggestions for renaming the Lance Armstrong Center at Nike headquarters. Some suggestions were a tad sharp—“The LieStrong Center,” “The Nike Correctional Facility,” “The Not Normal Pavillon”—and others a bit unoriginal, including “The Derek Zoolander center for kids who cant read good and want to do other stuff good too.” Finally, Coyle picked a decidedly in-joke winner: “The Paniagua Center for the Blind.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig