Glencore-Xstrata: The Real IssueJulian Birkinshaw
The $35.1 billion Glencore-Xstrata merger saga continues to rumble on, with the Xstrata board delaying its response to the proposed takeover by another week to resolve management and board issues at the new company. All the political and personal intrigue in this deal is masking the much bigger issue, namely the imminent sell-off of the mining sector. Some investors seem to be worried about whether their holding should be in Glencore or Xstrata stock. My view is: Short them both.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy