Studios Manage DVD Death With Profits on Digital RightsCliff Edwards and Michael White
Film premieres get all the attention in Hollywood while the cash cow for years has been selling those silver DVDs to a home video market far more predictable -- and profitable -- than the hit-or-miss theatrical release game. That’s why it was widely thought the movie business would take it on the chin as disc ownership gave way to digital distribution of content, just as the music business has been decimated by the shift to MP3s.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’