After 500 Million Android Activations, Where's the Profit?Kevin C. Tofel
If nothing else, Google knows how to time an announcement. Later today, Apple is holding the event at which it’s widely expected to announced the next iPhone (we’ll be live-blogging it here), and Google has just tried to preempt the news with an accomplishment of its own: Some 500 million Android devices have been activated since 2008. Andy Rubin, who oversees Google’s Android efforts, shared the data point on Sept. 11 in a Twitter post: “There have been half a billion android activations to date, with over 1.3m added every day,” he wrote.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License