Lionel Richie Finds Some Country Comfort
One of singer Lionel Richie’s biggest hits was his 1981 duet with Diana Ross, Endless Love. Recently the artist has taken a cue from another vintage tune: Gloria Gaynor’s 1979 hit, I Will Survive. That disco-era anthem of reinvention says a lot about the career strategy of not just Richie but of the entire music industry, which for more than a decade has grappled with the toll digitization has taken on its once-platinum business model.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks, Treasuries Rise as Greenback Weakens: Markets Wrap