Wen Jiabao's Southern Tour for GrowthBy
With echoes of former paramount leader Deng Xiaoping’s Nanxun, or southern tour of 1992, Wen Jiabao has just completed a sweep through the Guangdong cities of Guangzhou, Dongguan, and Foshan. But while Deng’s historic trip was all about jump-starting reform that had stalled, Wen’s excursion appears more about rallying local officials and companies to step up efforts to boost China’s now flagging growth.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Tanker With Russian Gas for Boston Makes Mid-Atlantic U-Turn