Wen Jiabao's Southern Tour for GrowthBy
With echoes of former paramount leader Deng Xiaoping’s Nanxun, or southern tour of 1992, Wen Jiabao has just completed a sweep through the Guangdong cities of Guangzhou, Dongguan, and Foshan. But while Deng’s historic trip was all about jump-starting reform that had stalled, Wen’s excursion appears more about rallying local officials and companies to step up efforts to boost China’s now flagging growth.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap