Partisan Finger-Pointing Misses Real Deficit Story: BGOV Insight
The federal deficit is a politically charged and highly partisan issue. Yet too little of the debate is based on what actually caused the budget to go so deeply into the red. Democrats blame the Bush-era tax cuts and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, while Republicans point the finger at stimulus measures and runaway domestic spending.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Stocks Drop, Yen Gains as Investor Jitters Return: Markets Wrap
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States