Goizueta Spared in Emory University Data ScandalFrancesca Di Meglio
In a statement released Aug. 17, administrators at Atlanta’s Emory University revealed that the school had intentionally misreported undergraduate admissions data to various external organizations, including publications that rank colleges and universities. A three-month investigation revealed that Emory College’s Office of Admissions and the university’s Office of Institutional Research have reported admitted students’ SAT and ACT scores as enrolled student’s scores since about 2000, which inflated the average, median, and range. In addition, the report showed that administrators also overstated class rankings.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks