Lonmin Mine Death Toll Reaches 34 as Police Kill StrikersFranz Wild, Sikonathi Mantshantsha and Matthew Hill
South African police killed 34 striking workers at Lonmin Plc’s Marikana platinum-mining complex yesterday, the worst death toll in police action since the end of apartheid in 1994.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing