Go Consumer! The Mixed Picture for Retail SpendingBy
Nobody breaks a pundit’s heart like the U.S. consumer. Since late 2008, these fickle folks have kept economists guessing. One minute, they’re confident. The next, they’re not. Even now, with the U.S. unemployment rate rising to 8.3 percent and Europe edging into recession, Americans are spending again. Sales rose 0.8 percent last month, according to the Commerce Department, which prompted relief after months of decline.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries