EBay and Amazon Eye Same-Day DeliveryMeghan Walsh
Getting a new music CD or a cup of coffee delivered to your door within the hour was one of the things that made the Internet seem so amazing back in the late ’90s. Then, of course, it turned out the Net wasn’t able to revoke the laws of business physics, and delivery services such as Kozmo.com and Urban Fetch blew up. Now, the two giants of Web retailing are giving same-day delivery another try. But they’re taking very different approaches, and it remains to be seen whether the services will scale up beyond a few cities.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards