A Stop on the Michael Phelps Press Tour
Michael Phelps got out of the pool for the last time as a competitive swimmer on Saturday night after swimming the butterfly leg of the U.S. team’s gold medal 100-meter medley. By Sunday afternoon he was into the first lap of his new full-time career as a pitchman. The Greatest Olympic Athlete of All Time started with a press conference hosted by Visa. The next stop on Monday morning was at the “P&G Salon” in London’s Marylebone, where Head & Shoulders named him its “first-ever confidence ambassador.” (The International Olympic Committee prohibits (PDF) athletes from shilling for companies that are not Olympic sponsors during the Games, so Subway will have to wait until August 15 to name him envoy of foot-longs.)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Bitcoin May Split 50 Times in 2018 as Forking Craze Mounts
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet