How to Save Best Buy From Extinction
Best Buy’s stock received a shot of adrenaline today following news that founder Richard Schulze offered to take the struggling big-box retailer private in a deal that values the company at about $8.5 billion. In a letter to the company’s board, Schulze writes that “bold and extensive changes are needed for Best Buy to return to market leadership.” He goes on to say that he’s performed “an extensive amount of work to develop a plan to address the company’s challenges,” but does not divulge specifics.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans