Bob Weir's Plan to Save the Music IndustryBy
Bob Weir, a founding member of the Grateful Dead and an entrepreneurial musician, has started a company he hopes will help other musicians make some money. Tamalpais Research Institute (named for a nearby mountain range and known less formally as TRI Studios) has a state-of the-art recording and broadcast facility in San Rafael, Calif., and a revenue-sharing deal with Yahoo! Music to stream live concerts free to the site’s 39 million viewers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day