Bob Weir's Plan to Save the Music IndustryBy
Bob Weir, a founding member of the Grateful Dead and an entrepreneurial musician, has started a company he hopes will help other musicians make some money. Tamalpais Research Institute (named for a nearby mountain range and known less formally as TRI Studios) has a state-of the-art recording and broadcast facility in San Rafael, Calif., and a revenue-sharing deal with Yahoo! Music to stream live concerts free to the site’s 39 million viewers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig