Beltway Insiders' Startup Helps You Lobby CongressKate Abbott
Kelly Derricks, a former psychiatric therapist, founded the nonprofit Children of Vietnam Veterans Health Alliance this year to advocate for families of soldiers who were exposed to the toxic defoliant Agent Orange. She uses “every social media outlet possible” to get the group’s message to Congress. She’s weighed in on hundreds of bills through PopVox, a website that lets individuals lobby lawmakers. And to Derricks’ surprise, her representatives have actually responded to explain where they stand.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis