A $115 Billion Table Tennis Match
On a per capita basis, Ariel Hsing probably has the wealthiest fans of any athlete at the 2012 Olympic Games. The 16-year-old U.S. table tennis player is a favorite of Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. She calls them both “uncle.” As the Wall Street Journal reported in May, Hsing first met Buffett when his longtime bridge partner Sharon Osberg suggested he invite her to his 75th birthday party in 2005. Since then she has attended a pair of annual Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meetings in Omaha and vanquished any paddle jockey, including Bill Gates, who would challenge her. So far, she has done the same in London.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig