Hon Weng Chong: Paging Dr. Smartphone
Pneumonia kills more children than any other cause, according to the World Health Organization. While treatable with antibiotics, each year the lung infection claims roughly 1.4 million kids before their fifth birthday, 18 percent of under-five deaths. Most of the deaths occur in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa, where access to doctors and drugs is limited.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks