China's Biggest Brands Try to Raise Their ProfileBy
It was going to be the start of a Chinese invasion. Haier Group, a company from the northeastern Chinese city of Qingdao and the world’s largest maker of air conditioners, refrigerators, and other appliances, opened a factory in Camden, S.C., in 2000. The plant was Haier’s first in the U.S. and a big step in its strategy to expand beyond China and challenge Maytag and Whirlpool in American homes.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day