Joe Sumner: Synchronizing Crowdsourced Movies
While touring with his rock band Fiction Plane in 2010, bass player and vocalist Joe Sumner woke up one morning to discover 450 videos on YouTube of the previous night’s show in Lithuania. Uploaded by fans with mobile phones, the footage was mostly grainy, shot from awkward angles, and had horrible sound. But it gave Sumner an idea. “What if we could link all of these videos and make a compelling movie?” he remembers thinking.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations