Durex Takes On Trojan in the U.S. Condom Market
Last month a commercial set to Marvin Gaye’s Let’s Get It On started showing up on Facebook and other social media sites. The Durex Performax Intense condom, the ad vows, “speeds her up” and “slows him down.” (A special lubricant delays a man’s climax.) It’s not the kind of spot you’re likely to see on network TV. The world’s two leading condom makers have turned to social media and non-network broadcast venues to wage war in the U.S. market, where sales now top $430 million annually, according to researcher SymphonyIRI Group.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Auto Suppliers Jump on Report Tesla to Fully Own China Plant
- This Little Known Malaysian Stock Has Surged 400%
- NFL’s $205 Million Man Is Hated by Everyone But Those Who Matter
- Euro Drops With Spain on Edge; Bonds and Oil Climb: Markets Wrap
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’