Want to See the Future of Mobile Coverage? Go to a Baseball GameKevin Fitchard
Verizon Wireless is hauling COWs and COLTs to Kansas City and Detroit, but it’s not going to any livestock show. These COWs and COLTs are cells on wheels and cells on light trucks, basically mobile base stations Verizon can roll out in emergencies or at big events where it knows voice and data demand will peak. Carriers have been using these temporary cells for years, but what’s interesting about these COWs and COLTs is that they’re 4G.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States