The 'Portlandia' Bump: Oregon's Thriving Film SceneBy
The city of Portland is on a roll. This summer, Oregon’s hipster-locavore mecca has three major TV shows filming at the same time: IFC’s Portlandia, TNT’s Leverage, and NBC’s Grimm. The state’s film, television, and TV commercial production industry has been expanding in recent years; from 2009 to 2011 it grew from $62 million to $130 million. Even the first Twilight movie was shot there. Vince Porter, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Film and Television spoke to Bloomberg Businessweek about the reasons behind his state’s entertainment boom.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders